Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Egypt Travel - The 8th day (5/5) Cairo shopping and return to home

Back ◀
Japanese Korean

Schedule

○Cairo Sightseeing

○Flight
  05MAY 17:45 CAI  →  05MAY 22:00 DOH  Qatar Airways QR515
  06MAY 01:25 DOH  →  06MAY 19:50 NRT  Qatar Airways QR802

At last, the final day of Egypt travel had come.
I had reserved this day for spare. but I had been to all I wanted to see in this travel until this. as I didn't have any place to go, I decided to go the shopping mall downtown.


Guest House

At the morning, it was already calm outside.


Outside scenery through the window was also very crisp.


This was breakfast.
But I didn't see any other guests. so I ate alone.

And I talked with reception to call a taxi for return to airport.

I: My flight will depart at 17 o'clock so I want to have arrived at the airport 15 o'clock.
Reception: The way to the airport is heavy crowded. you had better to go at 13 o'clock here. The cost of taxi is 60 Egyptian Pound. it's alright?
I: Thanks. please.
Reception: I see. by the way where do you go today?
I: I went to all I wanted to see yesterday. Old Cairo, citadel, Han Khalili, and berry dance show. return way at night, I felt fear at Tahrir Square.
Reception: How much about berry dance show? did you use agent?
I: 200 Egyptian Pounds. I didn't reserve nor use any agent. I used canceled seat.
Reception: It's too expensive. if you told me, I could have offer 120 for you. I could also have called a taxi 20 for the way, and another 20 for the return way. so I could offer 160 for that.
I: Oh, that's a pity. but the reservation were full and the show was very nice.
Reception: That's right.

Then I went out.

I found the shopping mall of Stars Center downtown at the guide book. it seemed to take 40 minutes by car. but it was 9 o'clock. so I decided to go to there by taxi.


Stars Center

Stars Center was a very large Shopping mall.


There were many shop in it.


Almost shops dealt with brand clothes. so I was not enthusiastic.
But I found souvenir shops at the end of the floor.

I bought a papyrus sheet there.


My name had been written in hieroglyphs. and I also took a "Guarantee Certificate" sheet showing that it is a genuine papyrus.

and also I found . . .


Cartouche.

Truly speaking, I wanted the type of whole metal that the character of hieroglyphs stand out in metal. but it seemed to take two days to make it. so I asked the thing whose background was black for two hours.

and I went back to the hotel to take the baggage.

It was 12:30 when I returned to the hotel. then the driver already waited.
And I went for Stars Center again to take Cartouche.

But a policeman stopped us.on the way.

It seemed that the driver also didn't understood this situation. and he went out.
I waited long time. more than 30 minutes.
When he came back, he said "Crazy, they took 150 pounds".
The policeman seemed to have taken some driver's violation from him.
I had thought he was a polite driver. I didn't understand whole thing.

I received a cartouche at Stars Center having such mixed feelings.

This is my cartouche.


My name is written in hieroglyphs.

At the airport, I gave him all Egyptian Pounds for chip because it was useless for me any more.
It was 150 Egyptian pounds the same as the amount of the fine.


He was driver.

I arrived at the airport a little late. but I took the airplane on time, and went home.

It was so much fun to travel Egypt.

The End

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment