Sunday, May 12, 2013

Machu Picchu Travel #8 - The fourth day (4.30) #2, Cusco arrival by bus, then walking around Cusco.


Cusco is the second largest city in Peru located at an altitude of 3,400 meters.
It is the place where there have been the capital of the Inca Empire during 15-16 century, and also the place where the stone construction and the road of "Inca road" have been highly developed.
But Inca empire was destroyed by the invasion of Spanish people in the 16th century. there were the mansions and churches constructed by Spanish people over the rock works and road base of the Inca era.
As evidence that was left of the civilization of the Inca era and as architectural style that combines Inca and Spanish, city of Cusco has been certified as a World Heritage Site.

Well, after arriving at the Cusco terminal by bus, I went to the hotel by taxi at first.

Hotel

This is a hotel of Hostal El Triunfo which I had booked.
It was a place of about 100m from the tourist center of Plaza de Armas.
(Reception staff) Do you want to stay here one night?
(I) Yes, tomorrow I will go to Machu Picchu early morning.
(Reception staff) Do you have a Machu Picchu ticket?
(I) I have not only Machu Picchu addmission ticket but also a ticket of train for Machu Picchu.
(Reception staff) Please show me a little?
(I) Here you are.
(Reception staff) You are going for two days to Machu Picchu, aren't you?
(I) Yes, tickets were very expensive.

She furrowed her brow when she saw two tickets written as 152 Sol (about 5,500 yen?).
It seemed that most hotels in Cusco could arrange Machu Picchu tour, so I thought that I might have bought cheaper if I asked the hotel to arrange the ticket.

(Reception staff) About train. . . wait a moment.

She did a check of the train.

(Reception staff) Though it is written that the train starts from Poroy Station at 7:12, you should go to Wanchaq Station at 6:25 tomorrow morning. you will take the bus from Wanchaq to another station, and go on a train from there. you will go to Wanchaq 10 minutes and 10 Sol by taxi from here.
(I) Thank you so much.

She was very kindness.

The room per night $36 is like this. . .

I had only a half day of this afternoon for the sightseeing of Cusco. so I took a shower in a hurry, washed easily the clothes that I wore in the night bus (I was in the toilet for a long time to feel sick), ate sandwich for lunch which I had received in the bus, and went out.

Cusco town





When I was at the front of cathedral, the bell of 3:00 pm began to sound.
It is said that the bell is the biggest in the south america.



But air was thin, so I was out of breath just by walking a little. . . .

I went to the churches and museums.
* almost buildings were prohibited to take picture in them.

○La Meruse church (lglesia y Convento La Merced)
Numerous religious paintings were decorated in the hallway around square inside the building.
When I entered the room locked by padlock, there was huge pure gold custodia.

Resting at times, let's go.

○La Konpanya church (Iglesia de la compañia de Jesus)
Altar was great here.

Plaza de Armas and Cathedral from the second floor.

I became exhausted. . .

○Cathedral (Catedral)
There were two churches to the left and right of Cathedral, and I entered from one church. (three buildings were connected inside)
I heard that the altar of cathedral was made from 300 tons of silver. It was a very big altar.

I became wheezing at that time. . .




○12 angles stone (Piedra de doce anglos)
I had easily found two spots of 12 angles stone and 14 angles stone because  it was surrounded by many people.

My head was also becoming painful ... gradually. . . .

○Inca Museum (Museo Inca)
I just went.

I felt stuffy and had headache, I finally gave up.

When I came back to hotel, I told to a staff that I had a headache and I thought I had high altitude sickness. She brought me a cup of coca tea.

But immediately after I entered my room, I ran to the bathroom. . . .
I couldn't understand the effect of coca tea.

I had already drunk the medicine of high altitude sickness. I want to fix just headache, and drunk cold medicine. so went to bed.

Next: Machu Picchu Travel #9 - The fourth day (4.30) #3, Cusco arrival by bus, then walking around Cusco.

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment